Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Post Full of Happy!

These are things that make me HAPPY!! (In no particular order...except for Eric and Izzy!)
  • My sweet husband, Eric, who does so much for me! I know its what everyone says and it seems so cliche but I honestly don't know where I'd be in life without him. He can make the worst days better with just some scrakles! I'm so lucky to have him around. He works to hard for our family and would do anything for us. He's learning more about being a Daddy everyday and I think he's gonna be amazing!! He's the half that makes me whole and I love him more than I ever thought was possible!
  • My gorgeous baby girl, Isabelle. Don't even get me started on Tiny! I cannot believe there was life before her! I've loved her since that first moment I felt her kick inside me and the love has grown everyday. It took me the first few months to fully comprehend how lucky I am to have her in my life and what a joy she is, but now its all I think about. I finally feel that sense that I would do anything for this girl, I would fight lions, or tigers, or bears, or really mean girls if it would make her life better. My love for her is so strong and grows so fast, it scares me to think how I'll feel when she's 5!
  • My happy camper little brother, Caleb. This kid brings constant happy when he's around! I've known him his whole life and I still adore him, that's gotta be saying something! Our time together is so precious, I try to savor every moment we have together. This usually means lots of laughing, joking, and eating and some occasional hitting! Its wonderful!! He's such a great boy, so trustworthy. So talented and humble! So kind to everyone, there's not a mean bone in his body. He's a perfect example of what everyone hopes their teenager will be! I love him so much!
  • Theater! There are very few things I like more in this world than sitting down with some candy and having talented people rock my world. I love the singing and dancing just as much as the next guy (especially men singing....ahhhh, so lovely!) but I'd take a drama or comedy over a musical almost any day. I love a good drama with lots of heart that really makes you feel something. I love watching people completely lose themselves in a character! I LOVE theater...and it makes me happy!
  • My doggies, past and present: Faithful, Sophie, Snoopy, Zero, Kona, Kalea, Hilo, and ta Tanka. I don't know if I've ever had a day that some snuggles from my puppies can't make better. I love dogs so much and don't know how people live without them! I love the kisses, despite the slobber and I love to pet their soft fur despite the shedding. I'm so so glad that Eric's a dog person so that we can raise our Tiny to be one as well.
  • FOOD!!! OMG, I love food! I love trying new and exotic foods and I love eating the old classics. I love healthy food and junk food. I love fruits and veggies, meat and potatoes, pasta and sauce, brownies and ice cream and everything in between! I can't wait to go to Culinary school and learn how to cook sophisticated and yummy dishes for my Hubby and my Tiny! Hmmm, now I'm hungry!
  • My Sunshine. Not just any Sunshine...MINE! :-) Yeah, Sunny sure does make me happy! I've never had such a great girlfriend! Every time I see her I leave feeling so grateful that she's a part of my life. She makes me laugh and she's the first girlfriend I've ever had who I feel like I can talk about anything with. I love having a confidante and a buddy. I'm so glad that Seth Barney forced me to go to his Labor day party in 2009 otherwise the amazing adventures I've had with my Sunny may have never happened! I am so happy and feel so blessed that Sunny liked me back!
  • Dr. Pepper. Yes, some might say this could have been lumped into the food category with everything else that you put in your tummy but this deserved a mention all its own. Dr. Pepper makes me oh so very happy. From the first taste to the last, Dr. Pepper is the happy maker. And on a semi-side note: My most comfortable, and therefore my favorite, pajamas just happen to be covered in Dr. Pepper logos...go figure!
  • My angelic mommy. It's strange how something can make you feel so happy and so sad at the same time isn't it? I think about my mommy several times a day, sometimes it helps me through the hard times and sometimes it makes the hard times harder. My mama was such a perfect example of what a mom should be and a value so much the time that we had together and the things she taught me. I think everyday about how excited she was to be a Grandma and how tragic it is that she isn't here for Isabelle but then I think about the kind of mother/best friend she was to me and realize that her wonderful example, in every way, makes me a better mother. So even though she's in heaven, she's blessing my sweet baby's life by reminding me how an amazing mother acts. Oh, I love you my sweet Mommy!
  • Television and Movies. I know, it seems lame right but TV and movies make me really happy! I love going to the movie theater and I love watching movies at home. I love the DVR that allows me to watch my favorite shows without commercials! I love TV shows that are now on DVD so I can watch TV like a movie! I think, along the same lines as Theater, I love to be entertained...that makes me HAPPY!
  • My amazing friends. I have some amazing friends that make me very happy!! I'm so grateful for all the people who make my life worth living. I hope you know who you are and how much I love you!!! Here are just a few of the standouts! (Unfortunately I don't have time to list everyone!)
  1. My own, very own, Nicholas Park-Romney Brown...that boy makes me VERY happy! Having a friend like Nic, someone who I've known for as long as I can remember and who loves me no matter what, is so amazing. I sure don't see him as much as I'd like but whenever we're together it's like nothing in our lives has changed. We still play like we're 5, like we don't have responsibilities and things to worry about. We always laugh and genuinely love being together. I can't imagine my life without Nic, he's my Besty!
  2. The Godparents to my Tiny, Eric and Sandy Jensen. Where do I even start....such amazing people the Jensen's are. I am so glad they're such a big part of our lives. They make every situation a fun and happy one. The last I don't know how many years of their life have been spent making people laugh, how can there be anything wrong with people like that?? The dedication they have to what the believe in is so admirable. They've been through so many trials and they remain happy and always willing to help others. They are truly and inspiration to us and we are honored that they were willing to be Isabelle's Godparents...we couldn't ask for anyone better!
  3. My Mama Sue makes me very happy! Spending a day with her reminds me that I have people who love and support me. I know I could turn to Sue with any problem and she would be there. I can't say enough about this amazing woman and the love she shows me, my husband, and Tiny. She and Bob are some of the nicest most genuine people you'll ever meet and they both make me so happy!
  4. The oh so talented Anne Puzey!There's something about seeing and spending time with Anne that makes my heart happy. She's so honest, compassionate, and loving. She treats people with respect and doesn't say anything she doesn't mean. She loves me and that makes me happy!
  5. The adorable and ridiculously funny Rusty Bringhurst. Sure, he's Sunny's boyfriend and all but I've loved Rusty for a long time! There's a slice of my heart that Rusty holds. Seeing Rusty always makes me smile and knowing the way that Rusty loves Caleb makes me happy! Rusty's such a great guy and a wonderful friend. I'm so lucky to know him!
  6. Super cute Kori Witmer and her monkey, Logan. What a blessing it has been for me to get to know Kori! She's such an awesome person and I love having a mommy friend who is so nonjudgmental! She's fun to be around and we can talk about anything. We've got kiddos close in age which will make for lots of fun as they get older. Spending time with Kori makes me happy...that's what friends are for right?
I'm sure I could think of about a million other things that make me happy but this is a great start!!! I really am very blessed to have wonderful things and amazing people that make me so very happy! Thank YOU for being one of them!!

1 comment:

  1. You are the lady-love of my life, Rizah. I heart the crap out of you! I miss you so much it hurts sometimes. WE PLAY NOW!

    ReplyDelete