Thursday, March 17, 2011

I feel like a slacker!

Well, I'm feelin' like a slacker in pretty much every aspect of everything. Thus, that is what this particular blog post shall be about. If you would prefer not to read a slight rant from a crazy mother, now would be the time to stop. :-) Listed below are the areas in which I feel I'm slacking.

Firstly, my bloggy.
One of my newest and most dearest friends, Kori, has also started a blog. Her son Logan and my Isabelle are only a few weeks apart yet she actually finds time to blog consistently. She's only been a blogger for a week or so and already has as many posts as me! Geez, kuddos to her, she's amazing!!!
Secondly, my housey.
OH MY H! I swear I have every intention to get stuff done around the house and somehow I never do! Okay, not never but it feels like I never move forward, like as soon as I do something, everything else gets worse and then when I get around to one of those things the first thing I did is really bad again! Ahhh, how does anyone do it?? Every other parent in the whole world has a house that looks like this, I'm pretty sure!
I swear I don't ever just sit around and do nothing but if that's true than how is nothing getting done?!?!? It feels so frustrating and overwhelming! Anyone else out there feel the same....anyone...anyone....Ugh!
Thirdly, my Tiny.
I feel like there's so much more I should be doing with and for her. I'm so bummed that we're still waiting for her baby food processor.
(I LOVE that the bowls have faces. lol So cute!!) I'm so so super excited about being able to make her food, and its been my intention since I got pregnant. But here we are, Tiny is 5 months old, been on solid foods for 6 weeks, and I've made NONE of it! Seriously, I'm a slacker.
Besides that, I'm sure there are about a million things I should be doing that I'm not. I should be playing and talking and singing with her more. I should probably be introducing her to new toys, people, places, and games than I am. I should probably be taking her outside more and forcing her to spend time on her tummy and I'm sure having the TV on is grounds for harsh punishment. Why is it that simply spending every waking moment caring for Tiny doesn't seem good enough? Everything I do all day - and night- is for her (Or for Eric but if he's happy that benefits her as well) so why should I ever feel like I need to do more for her? I dress her, feed her, play with her, sing to her, change her diapers, read her stories, etc... Why oh why does it not seem like enough?
Fourthly, my cookie.
(Which is to say cooking following the 'y' ending
that everything else had, not actually referring to a cookie)
Ugh, what can I say about cooking. I did really good for about a week when Eric and I first go married and then again for about a week after Sunny helped me go shopping and now...not so much! Why? I get on a role and feel so awesome about it and then as soon as I fall out of the swing of things I can't seem to get back into it. I really do love cooking and feel so accomplished after I make a delicious and semi-healthy meal for us!! But I have a serious lack of kitchen confidence and its so hard to find the time to do anything now-a-days. Also, I think the lack of dishwasher doesn't help. Its so discouraging to make all this food and then have to spend so much time doing dishes! Plus we don't have very good cooking tools or kitchen space....But see there I go making excuses for something that is totally and completely 100% possible for me to do everyday. And thus, the slacker feeling.

So, there's my rant about how much I don't do, which actually made me feel a lot better!! :-) I decided this was worth posting because when I look back on this year I want to remember that there were hard times. I want Isabelle to know that taking care of her and everything else was really hard work and that I'd still do it 100 times over because she's worth every bit of it!!

I promise a happier post is already in the works!

2 comments:

  1. Clarissa, EVERY mother feels like this!! I have 4 and you should see my house...it's HORRIBLE!!! My husband travels every week, right now he's in Finland, and I have these up and downs too about weight loss, kitchen confidence, or lack thereof, house keeping, kid raising Mommy stuff! I am positive you are a TERRIFIC mommy and wife!! It gets better after a while!!! And they are worth it aren't they?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like this when I was first a mom and my kids were 6 and 7! I believe that Satan wants to rob everyone of their happiness by making them believe that they are inadequate. So don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete