Monday, February 14, 2011

Baby's First Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!! Not only is today Valentine's Day, it is also my sweet Isabelle's 4 month birthday! I cannot believe how fast she's growing up! We had her 4 month check up on Friday and the doctor said she looks incredibly healthy and he believes she's in good hands....that's me! :-) Here's a profile of our tiny bucket at 4 months old! (There are some picture examples of the things she can do...cuz I'm crazy about pictures!!!)

Isabelle Julianna Armstrong
4 months old
Isabelle is 24.5 inches long. (The 70th percentile)
Isabelle is 15 pounds (The 90th percentile)
Izzy can support her head all by herself. Izzy makes really funny faces and loves to play with her tongue.Isabelle can roll from her tummy on to her back...but not consistently.
Izzy is eating solid foods. She's had rice cereal and applesauce so far and she loves them both!Isabelle can smile, and she does all the time!Izzy sleeps through the night. 10-12 hours at a time. YAY!!!
Isabelle not only sleeps through the night, but this girl can sleep anywhere!Izzy likes to put her hands, and anything she can grab with her hands, into her mouth.Izzy makes all sorts of funny sounds. She even "ahhhs" herself to sleep. Too cute!
Isabelle loves to spend time in her "jumpy". Isabelle is almost laughing, but it takes a lot of effort on my part!
Isabelle loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the Jazz games (even when they lose!)Izzy can sit up if she's supported a little.
Seriously, this girl is the light in my life! She is so much fun!!! I'm so proud to be her mommy!! I love watching her grow and learn and turn into a little person! I'm so lucky to be able to be home with her all day and for that, I thank my amazing husband!! Speaking of which...

Eric and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend full of happy feelings and delicious food! Eric's sweet friend Hannah volunteered to watch Iz on Friday night so Eric and I could spend some good time together. OH WE DID! :-) We ate at Rodizio Grill, which may be one of my most favorite places in all the world. We ate and ate and ate that endless meat until we thought we were gonna burst. Then we went and saw True Grit. It was not as good as we were hoping for, but it was definitely entertaining! And Isabelle had a great time with Hannah...we could tell!

On Saturday we spent the morning together as a family and took it easy, which was lovely! Then at 4 we dropped our little pumpkin off at my Auntie Kim's house. There is no one in the whole world I would trust with my tiny more than her. I was thrilled that she was willing to watch her for the night! Eric and I then proceed to have an incredible night! We had dinner at "Faustina", (because I had won a $50 dollar gift card at the OBT Christmas Party) and it was super yummy! We had amazing calamari for our appetizer! Eric called it "popcorn calamari" which was very appropriate. I told him I would LOVE to be snacking on it during a movie! :-)Eric got the Stuffed Beef Tenderloin Medallions, which were delicious! I, being the adventurous foodie that I am, got the lamb chops. I know, I know, it doesn't sound that adventurous but I'd never had them before. Let me tell you though, being adventurous pays off! My food was amazing! We shared an absolutely delicious Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee for desert. Wonderful meal, wonderful company! ;-)
After dinner we went to the Voodoo Darling's Valentine's Day Burlesque show! This is our fifth or sixth time seeing them and it is always SO much fun! We're crazy about sexy dancing girls!! :-D They're so entertaining and tasteful. I think Jen and Danny have done an incredible job!
Auntie Kim kept Izzy over night so Eric and I were actually able to go to a baby-free home. Don't worry, I won't share any details but, it was a wonderful night!

Since its Valentine's Day I posted a little something something on Eric's facebook wall and I thought I'd share it here too. I thought he'd like the post better than a card. He claims that he likes receiving cards, he just doesn't like buying them for other people but I don't know how true that is. I think he hates cards a little. Anyway...here's how I feel about my sexy honey! (The short version)
To my handsome Valentine,
You are my everything. You bring me so much happiness. I'm so honored to be the mother of your tiny one and cannot wait for the rest of our lives. I feel so blessed to have you, you make life worth living. Thank you for being my rock.
Loving you eternally, with everything I have, Your Kia
Isn't it wonderful that we have a whole day dedicated to loving the people around us. I know its source is lame, but "Hallmark" this year has a campaign that Valentine's Day isn't about saying "I love you" it's about saying "I love us". How true that is. And so I close this blog post reminding my sweet husband that I love us! I love us as a couple and I love the three of us as a family. I love the love I have and couldn't ask for more!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!








2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Izzy is soooo beautiful and darling and so much more!! I wish I could have seen her when she was at moms house! I'm so glad you're blogging now, because i'm basically obsessed so just a warning.. I'll probably be blogstalking you guys!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Baby is so cute. My mother wants to arrange a kitty party at one of the affordable San Francisco venues in a couple of weeks. Made list of all guests and preparations to be done. Snacks, drinks, beverages, cookies, cute gifts are to be finalized yet.

    ReplyDelete