Friday, July 1, 2011

Making Memories; Movie Memories - 50 First Dates

The second movie in line to be watched and reviewed was...

50 First Dates
Release Date- Feb. 13th, 2004
Directed by- Peter Segal
Produced by- Jack Giarraputo, Steve Golin, and Nancy Juvone

Written by- George Wing
Staring- Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Rob Schneider, Sean Astin,
Blake Clark, and Dan Aykroyd
Gross Revenue- $196,482,882

Summary- Henry Roth lives in a Hawaiian paradise with the company of endless women with no strings attached. This is until he meets Lucy Whitmore. Both Henry and Lucy enjoy the company of each other and feels the start of a serious relationship occurring. Approaching Lucy the next day, Henry is confused when Lucy fails to recognize him. This is the moment Henry discovers that Lucy actually suffers from short term memory loss and can't remember each individual day. Henry won't let this stop him and is prepared to make her fall in love with him all over again, each and every day.

Eric's Review- This show is in my top 3 romantic-comedies of all time along with Knotting Hill and Transformers. (see what I did there?) Anyway, there are many reasons why I rank this one so high, here are just a few: Great chemistry between the leads, the state of Hawaii is featured prominently throughout, Rob Schneider as a local brahdah, Walruses, Penguins, Dan Aykroyd in a Hawaiian shirt, Sean Astin as a lisping steroid using narcissist, and a great combination of off-beat comedy and romantic tones. This show also had one of the best soundtracks of any move ever. It features tons of 80’s hits done in a Hawaiian style. Trivia note: the original movie script set the movie in Seattle which was the hometown of the writer. I think setting this movie in Hawaii made it 50 times better, so good decision! Over all, a well put together move that I am glad I own, it is always a joy to watch. ***** 5-STARS!

Kia's Review - 99 minutes of pure happiness!!! I am totally crazy about this movie and have been since the first time I saw it. Honestly, there are very few movies in this world that make me as happy as 50 First Dates and it is so fun to be able to watch it with my honey. He had been to and recognized so many places, it was like him showing me around his mission...only WAY more entertaining! :-)
I'm totally with Eric about the soundtrack, it is so much fun! And "Forgetful Lucy" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I think its so sweet in it's own silly, quirky way! The character work is great. Every character is so unique and distinct. Sean Astin almost steals the show with his lisp! Oh my gosh, I love him SO much! I thought that Adam Sandler was actually very charming in this show, and I'm not usually a huge fan of his. Rob Schneider is a hoot but that little penguin totally won my heart...he's my favorite for sure! The location is beautiful, the characters are spot on, the mix of charm and comedy is brilliant. If you haven't seen this movie, do it now!!! No questions asked, 5 out of 5! *****
Oh, I also learned a valuable lesson from this movie... "Sharks only bite when you touch their privates". So good to know! ;-)

And for those of you who don't really care what I write, just want to see pictures of Tiny...here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment