Tuesday, July 19, 2011

4th of July weekend

I have been so bad about blogging lately. Ugh! It's hard to find time to do anything but feed, change, and play with my little monkey! But everyone keeps saying the grow up so fast and to take advantage of this time, so I'm trying to do just that. So here's our 4th of July post...15 days later!We had an outrageously fun, but tiring, 4th of July weekend, I wish I would've taken more pictures. :-( Here's what our weekend looked like. Saturday, the 2nd, we went down to Stadium of Fire! We didn't actually get tickets and go in because a.) We don't have any money and b.) We thought Tiny would be happier on the lawn. So we sat on the grass patch just south of the cougar. It was actually a pretty great viewing area (although there was a tree in the way from certain angles) and we could hear most of what was going on inside which was fun. Isabelle had a great time. She loves the be outside so 2 and a half hours of playing in the grass was awesome for her. Caleb, my dad, and their step family joined us for the Fireworks. The Firework show was amazing and Isabelle LOVED it! She thought the fireworks were fantastic. I was so happy that she didn't get scared at all but she would get upset when they stopped for a little bit. If it slowed down at all she start bouncing and grunting and then she'd lay back and "ooo" and "ahh" as soon as they started again. She even laughed at some of them! :-) It was a lot of fun and brought back great memories, for me, of the times I spent there with my family. I'm so glad we did it!
On Sunday, in the AM, we went to Mila Brooks blessing. It was so great to get to see Jaren and Brenna again and be a part of their special day. We love them so much and hate that they live so far away now. We got some pictures with Alta, Izzy, and Mila and hope when they're friends later those pics will mean a lot to them! After that we went to Eric and Sandy's for an OBT 4th of July BBQ. It was ridiculous amounts of fun. We had lots of friends there and we never pass up and opportunity to hang out with the Jensen's, they're great people and amazing friends...plus Sandy makes delicious food! :-) My favorite part of the night was playing "The Totally Insane Card Game" which Clarence brought. Those of you who really know me know that I love games...SO MUCH! So when Clarence whipped one out I couldn't resist (Plus my baby just happened to be sleeping at the time...HUGE PLUS!). They told me this game was like "Uno" on steroids and they weren't kidding! Seriously, one of my favorite games now...I need to buy it! After it got dark we went out to do fireworks. The best part about that was Sandy taking pictures in the dark, I think we got some really funny ones! :-)On Monday, which was actually the 4th, we had a full day. We had a BBQ with Eric's family around noon. Eric is a master with the BBQ so he made some amazing meats and Allison brought a pretty delicious potato salad. We ate and talked and celebrated Julie's birthday, which is on July 6th. Then Eric, Tiny, and I got ready for an adventure up to Heber! :-)
Up in Heber we met Kristine Bethers-Jenkins her hubby Justin and 4 of his kids. We were going to have a BBQ but it rained all morning and afternoon up there so instead, Bethers treated us to the Dairy Keen which was delicious! Then we headed into Midway, Bethers was asked to be a judge for Midway's 4th of July dance contest and they asked her to find a couple more judges aka US! I was so excited and it ended up being a lot of fun. Tiny wasn't great so she was passed between me and Justin for the first little while and then Justin finally took her on a walk. Silly baby, doesn't know when to behave! Once Justin got the kid under control and I could focus on the dance contest I had a blast! The kids we super cute and there were actually some fairly talented dancers there. Who knew! ;-) After the contest was over we went to "The Store". Yes, it's actually called "The Store" and it's kind of adorable. I just found out that there are a couple in Holladay too and I kind of want to shop there all the time! Anyway, we stopped there and got some munchies then parked our butts on the grass to wait for fireworks. Naturally, it started pouring and we were worried they wouldn't light the fireworks, but they did...we just had to sit in the pouring rain for all of it. Luckily, Eric and I had brought our little canopy thing that we bought a couple years back. That kept us mostly sheltered from the rain, enough that we were happy to sit through the 15 minute firework show. I'll be honest, the firework show was actually pretty wonderful. It was one of the biggest, high variety, firework shows I'd seen a city do on their own. Kuddos to Midway! (Just a side note on Midway, Eric and I want to live there really bad!) I think we made some great memories for Tiny's first 4th of July!
P.S. It was the end of the day on the 4th that I started having some miserable pains in the "upper right quadrant" of my abdomen...but that's a story for another bloggy post...

No comments:

Post a Comment